Nov. 15, 2016
Sports Medicine ServiceThe Sports Medicine Service of the Hospital de Loulé has been carrying out the annual medical examinations in the various sports practiced in the county. Among the evaluated athletes there are already some regional and national champions who are already proud of Loulé.
From football to cycling, from race to rugby, these tests, obligatory for federated athletes, aim to identify potential contraindications that make it impossible to practice competition.
Recreational athletes of all age groups should also perform this assessment in order to assess their physical condition and to answer the various questions that arise before choosing a sporting modality:
- Which sport is right for me?
- Can I train at high heart rates?
- Do I have any nutritional or vitamin deficiencies?
- What diet helps me lose weight or increase my athletic performance?
- Is my metabolism fast or slow?
- Do I have any allergies that make it impossible for me to run or do other aerobic exercises?
- Can I lift or carry weights?
- As a female athlete, which contraceptive is right for me?
- I have asthma .... I have diabetes ... What are the recommendations for practicing exercise safely?
- What supplements are safe for me and which ones can I get some benefit from?
These are some of the issues that frequently arise for athletes of all sports and different levels of performance and can be clarified and accompanied by the various medical specialties that make up the Hospital of Loulé Sports Medicine Service.